WB Project - RRDP/QCBS -2: Regional Road Development Project (RRDP) - Preparation of Environmental and Social Safeguard Documents in Andijan, Namangan
and Fergana regions
Republican Road Fund / World Bank
The Government of Uzbekistan intended to receive a loan from the World Bank in connection with Regional Roads Development Project. In addition, and in
order to help Republican Road Fund (the Recipient) to prepare the project, the World Bank has prepared an ECAPDEV Grant to further detail the economics,
technical, ecological and social documentation necessary to a successful preparation of the project.
The Recipient intends to use part of the ECAPDEV Grant to finance consulting services for preparation of mandatory documents related to environmental
and social safeguards policies of the World Bank. Al Mar Consulting was expected to carry out a detailed assessment of social and environmental aspects
of the project, preparing and coordinating with the World Bank final project documentation on safeguards in order to minimize negative impact and design
mitigation measures on local population, environment of the project area, and on physical cultural resources.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment
Specifically, Al Mar Consulting carried out the following tasks:
- Collect and study basic data and information and, based on them, analyze social assessment of the project;
- Develop or finish, process already made earlier project documents on safeguard measures/safeguards documents (assessment of social project impact) and
other additional documents requested by the World Bank;
- To coordinate, monitor, interact with local authorities, representative of the authorized and involved services, management, centers, the ministries and
departments, institutes on observance of the World Bank policy, prevention of their violations regarding social impact on the project;
- Conduction and organization public consultations with PIU assistance according to the World Bank requirements, registration and coordination of protocols
of meetings, public consultations;
- Preparation of complex reports on project inspection according to World Bank’s Safeguard Policies, analysis of poverty and social problems;
- Conduction of complex inspections and updating according to World Bank’s Safeguard Policies.
- Assessment of project social impact.