Research to determine basic level of awareness of the population of water resources issues, and the methodology for monitoring and assessment of media campaigns on awareness increase
CAREC Representative Office in Uzbekistan
The project objective is drawing attention and increase of awareness of the population of Uzbekistan on importance of rational use of water, especially, in rural areas and environmental protection in the conditions of climate change.
- Determination of the basic/current level of awareness among rural people of Uzbekistan, local journalists covering the subject and NGOs carrying out activity in this sphere, as well as monitoring activities for regular tracking and assessment of efficiency of the media plan.
- Carrying out comprehensive assessment of basic level of awareness of rural people of the Republic of Uzbekistan concerning rational use of water and environmental protection in the conditions of climate change.
- Development of methodology for monitoring and assessment of the media plan.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment
- Determination of detailed picture of current situation with patterns of water use for domestic and agricultural purposes among the target groups (farmers, general public, population, pupils of schools, students of lyceums, colleges and higher educational institutions) identified by the project;
- Development and holding of surveys among the journalists covering the topics and issues related to water resources and ecology for identification of their skills and level of professionalism when informing the population on the mentioned issues;
- On the basis of a) and b), determination of necessary information products (booklets, souvenirs, special programs, etc.) for further distribution within the extensive media campaign considering the specifics of perception of information by target groups (population, youth, farmers);
- Determination of the most effective information transmission channels / media (TV, radio, newspapers, Internet, social networks, infographics, social advertisement, etc.) taking into account coverage and efficiency of their influence;
- On the basis of all above-mentioned development of detailed monitoring plan and methodology for monitoring and assessment of efficiency of the whole media campaign in respect to the results of baseline assessment.
Al Mar Consulting carried out 10 FGD, 20 expert interviews with farmers and 20 expert interviews with the representatives of RCC, 13 mini case-studies.